Pokemon City
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum where you can discuss Pokemon.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
silversalamence10
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Vote_lcapFan game: Pokemon Starlight Voting_barFan game: Pokemon Starlight Vote_rcap 
MiniM00se
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Vote_lcapFan game: Pokemon Starlight Voting_barFan game: Pokemon Starlight Vote_rcap 
Rea
Lugia
Empoleon
Poke25
jd896
sturx
Jiggly
Latest topics
» Hello again!
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 2:15 pm by Lugia

» Ask Jiggly!
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 4:52 pm by Jiggly

» Fan game: Pokemon Starlight
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:49 am by MiniM00se

» [not solved]Dead forum
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 1:27 pm by jd896

» I'm back from camping
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:47 pm by Rea

» Randomness Thread
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:25 pm by silversalamence10

» You're Banned!
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:23 pm by silversalamence10

» Inactive-ish
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:02 pm by Lugia

» Official Black and White News thread
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 3:17 pm by silversalamence10

Poll
Statistics
We have 15 registered users
The newest registered user is MAHJoXI

Our users have posted a total of 1062 messages in 77 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 155 on Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:08 pm

Fan game: Pokemon Starlight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Poke25

Poke25

Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Empty
PostSubject: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:37 pm

Hey there, I am working on a Pokémon Fan game called Pokémon Starlight, The game is not a hack, it is being made in a Program called Game Maker, I have not finished the first demo yet, and don't ask me when it will be finished because I have no idea, I will answer all questions like that with the phrase "when its done".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, Pokémon Starlight Takes place in the Fictional Region of Rahna (shown below), unlike the actual Pokemon regions, Rahna is not based on any part of Japan, I made it up, so yeah.

Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Rahnaregion

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Games starter Pokémon retain the classic triangle of Water, Fire, and Grass, these Pokémon are:

Clower, The Clover Pokémon
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Clower
Singeon, The Little Dragon Pokémon
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Singeon
and Crustide, The Claw Pokémon
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Crustide

The Game's legendary trio revolves around Night and Day, The Trio consists of:

Noonavia, The Solar Pokémon
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Noonavia
Midnixion, The Lunar Pokémon
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Midnixion
and Dawion, the Sunrise Pokémon
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Dawion

I'll point out now, that Pokemon Starlight will not feature any Pokemon from generation 1,2,3,4, or 5. Instead, It will feature its own Pokédex of around 150-200 Pokémon (Most of these have been sprited, but I'm not posting the full Pokédex here because I don't feel like revealing every single Pokemon)

Pokmon Starlight will feature 2 new types, the Light type and the Rubber type, their strengths and weakness are in a type chart, which is inside the spoiler tag below.
Spoiler:

Here is Pokémon Starlight's HM list:

-Cut
-Flash
-Strength
-Bounce
-Surf
-Dive
-Waterfall
-Fly

(for those concerned, Rock Smash will be making an appearance as a TM)

I understand that some of you may like this, some may hate it, whatever your opinion, please leave a comment. Post any suggestions or Ideas for things you would like to see in the game, I will take note of all ideas, so If you post an Idea that I think is good, It will more then likely get in the game.

I am currently in the most need ideas for a few more Pokemon, Ideas for features that the games "Pokégear" should have , and ideas for game corner games.

Last edited by Poke25 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
silversalamence10

silversalamence10

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:47 pm

that's a good idea, poke25, i wonder how game maker works, i want to know
Back to top Go down
Poke25

Poke25

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:49 pm

well, there is some simple Drag and drop commands, but they suck, I never use them, the way I use it basically is just object oriented programming, heres an example of some of the games code:
Spoiler:

The programming language it uses is very easy Razz
Back to top Go down
silversalamence10

silversalamence10

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 2:52 pm

do you download the game maker?
Back to top Go down
Poke25

Poke25

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Back to top Go down
silversalamence10

silversalamence10

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 3:10 pm

i like how yu're only gonna have the pokemon you make in it, it makes things much simpler
Back to top Go down
Lugia

Lugia

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:06 pm

When's the game finished?

Um, what do I download when it's done?

Just the thingie put up or something else as well?
Back to top Go down
Poke25

Poke25

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 4:31 pm

It will be an executable file, so unlike a hack, you will not need ANYTHING to run the game
Back to top Go down
Rea
Admin
Rea

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Are there gonna be real Pokemon in the game too? Like after the national dex or in the wild or something?
Back to top Go down
http://pokemoncity.heavenforum.com
Poke25

Poke25

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 5:29 pm

no, just custom pokemon, there is a national dex, but it simply contains MORE custom pokemon, the lack of real pokemon is actually do to inconsistencies in sprite style, which would drastically lower the game quality.
Back to top Go down
Rea
Admin
Rea

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:00 pm

I really think there should be real Pokemon. At least Magikarp or something.
Back to top Go down
http://pokemoncity.heavenforum.com
Poke25

Poke25

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 11:40 pm

I was considering it two, but I though against it, I plan to have custom pokemon that fill similar roles to real pokemon anyway, trust me, only customs won't be too bad.
Back to top Go down
Poke25

Poke25

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyFri Aug 06, 2010 1:20 pm

Here are some more of the Pokémon Starlight Pokémon:
Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Newpokes

From left to Right:

Cragdon, A Ground/Dragon type Pokémon

Ranosnare, A Grass/Rock type fossil Pokémon

WyveFrost, A Ice/Dragon type Pokémon

Sunlario, A Grass/Light type Pokémon
Back to top Go down
MiniM00se

MiniM00se

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 2:49 am

Shouldn't Fire be super-effective against Rubber? because it melts it?

Also, the region map could use some work :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fan game: Pokemon Starlight   Fan game: Pokemon Starlight Empty

Back to top Go down

Fan game: Pokemon Starlight
Page 1 of 1